    could advise me how to do this please.

    very many thanks for reading this.
    Chris

    chris, Feb 7, 2004

  2. chris

    Harry Guest

    Disable raid using the jumper on the motherboard
    You can remove the Asus logo through the BIOS.
    This would help to see the POST, but it still flies
    by on my machine.

    Harry, Feb 7, 2004

  3. chris

    Rob Guest

    Chris,

    For #1, set the SATA_EN1 jumper on the Mobo to Disable. That shuts off
    both the controller and the message.
    For #2, you may try changing the "Full Screen Logo Show" setting, in the
    BIOS, to disable. If this doesn't let you see it long enough, you can
    use the pause key or you can change the "Quick Power On Self Test" in
    BIOS, to disable and then hit the escape key when your ready to move on.

    HTH
    Rob

    Rob, Feb 7, 2004
  4. chris

    chris Guest

    thats great.

    Many thanks for your information rob and harry. Will now try to get him to
    do this over the phone lol.

    thanks very much guys.

    chris, Feb 7, 2004
  5. chris

    John Guest

    If you read your manual you would not have to ask these questions and the
    group could be used for real problem solving

    John, Feb 7, 2004
  6. chris

    Harry Guest

    *plonk*

    Harry, Feb 7, 2004
  7. chris

    chris Guest

    I have checked the manual but i could not find the answer. I only had the pc
    components here for a few hours and got it all sorted very quickly for my
    friend . I knew how to turn of the logo but just needed it confirming. I
    asked a simple question in a polite manner and got some great help. It is
    negative comments like yours that take the thread off subject that we can
    all do without so bog of mister.

    Chris

    chris, Feb 8, 2004
  8. chris

    Harry Guest

    Chris, don't pay attention to the malcontents, just put him in your kill
    file.

    You have a right to ask questions and he does not own this group.

    Harry, Feb 8, 2004
  9. chris

    Bob Wagner Guest

    plonk