A7N8X-E and CoolerMaster (24 pin ATX Power connector) help

Discussion in 'Asus' started by hewitt10, Oct 27, 2005.

  1. hewitt10

    hewitt10 Guest

    I purchased a CoolerMaster Cavalier case for my existing A7N8X-E MB and
    I can't get it to boot. The first hurdle was the 24pin ps connector.
    I realized that ATX formfactor changed (I guess for PCI-Express). The
    case came with little documentation; but, I finally realized that the
    connector splits into two (1-20pin, 1-4pin).

    I can swap the MB into the old case and it works great. When I put it
    into the Cavalier, nothing (no beeps). I guess that the power must be
    hosed.

    My question is: Is the 20pin part of the connector compatible with the
    supply needs of the A7N8X-E mb?

    Any ideas?

    Thanks,

    Don

    hewitt10, Oct 27, 2005

  2. hewitt10

    Ken Maltby Guest

    The "first" 20 pins are exactly the same as the older
    connectors. It should present no problems, based on
    that issue. If you are not even getting the green led on
    your MB, your not getting any power to your board.
    Check all the connections again, insure everything is
    plugged in and switched on.

    Luck;
    Ken

    Ken Maltby, Oct 27, 2005

  3. hewitt10

    donH Guest

    I do get the green light. I will check the voltages from the 20pin
    connector. thanks for replying.

    Don

    donH, Oct 28, 2005
  4. hewitt10

    donH Guest

    Tracked the problem down to the ATX12V Power supply. I swapped out
    CoolerMaster ATX12V with a normal ATX PS and that fixed the problem.
    Based on Ken's response; there should be no issue with the ATX12v 20pin
    connector and the normal ATX 20pin connnector.

    Don

    donH, Oct 28, 2005