A7N8X-E Deluxe and Q-Fan - which fan header(s)?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by ·, Jun 20, 2004.

  1. ·

    · Guest

    I just replaced my A7N8X Deluxe with an A7N8X-E Deluxe (don't ask!).
    With the A7N8X Deluxe, Q-Fan only worked (by design) when the CPU was
    plugged into the PWR_FAN1 header. Is the same thing true of the A7N8X-E
    Deluxe?

    I know, I could try both fan headers and see for myself. And I have.
    But even with Q-Fan enabled, my fan speed runs at max all the time, even
    when the CPU temperature is below 50C. (50C is the threshold at which
    Q-Fan reduces the fan speed, according to this article:
    http://www.asus.com/support/english/techref/mbfeatures/q-fan.aspx .)

    So two questions: What fan header(s) need to be used for Q-Fan to work
    on the A7N8X-E Deluxe? Does Q-Fan work at all on the A7N8X-E Deluxe, in
    the first place?

    Searching for an answer on the Asus site has come up empty.

    Additional search terms: qfan

    ·, Jun 20, 2004

  2. ·

    · Guest

    Don't everyone reply at once. In case anyone wonders the same thing I
    did, I'll answer here for their benefit.

    The A7N8X-E Deluxe 1.01 uses the CPU_FAN1 header for use with Q-Fan. On
    some configurations, such as mine as it turns out, the reduction in fan
    speed may be minimal indeed--and thus very easy to overlook, especially
    since it fluctuates.

    ·, Jun 23, 2004