a7n8x-e deluxe and USB2

Discussion in 'Asus' started by shirleyb, Jul 23, 2007.

1. shirleyb

shirleyb

Anyone got any ideas on this. I've an a7n8x-e deluxe motherboard, I'm running Windows 2kpro. The CPU is an athlon. I've it switched on in the bios for usb 1.1 and 2.0. I've got a couple of usb2 dvd writers, one of which is an HP dvd1040 lightscribe, and with both of these Nero tells me they are on a slow USB 1.0 bus. I've loaded in the utils that came with the MB, in the device manager, I get told that ive got a couple of usb 2 hubs. So can anyone give me any idea of whats up, cos I've just gone round the twist a couple of times and I've vanished up my own conclusions.

shirleyb, Jul 23, 2007
  2. shirleyb

andresayang

Well, are u sure USB2 drivers are properly installed ? (To confirm this, go in "control panel" "system" "device manager", there should be no yellow marks on usb devices (well sorry to take you as a newbe).

There is also another issue that i notice with my board (same a7n8x-e dlx), the USB does not deliver enough power for some devices (exple usb drives). To solve, i bought a powered USB2 hub, and plug my HD on it. But the symptoms were not your message but more "unreconize device"

Hope this help

rgds

andresayang, Aug 11, 2007
Ask a Question