    Will I need to install drivers for this? I'm doing a clean XP Pro install.
    The reason I ask is because I wasn't planning on getting a floppy drive, but
    I'll get one if I need it for this..

    jc, Jan 21, 2004

  2. jc

    Paul Guest

    Yes you will need a floppy drive if your installing XP on a SATA drive as
    the intall program asks you to load the SATA driver during the installation.
    If you watch the setup screen, it'll ask you to hit F6 for the driver which
    is loaded from the floppy...I might be that it can be loaded from a USB, but
    I never tried.....Good luck with your install.

    Paul

    P.S Make sure you make your cdrom your boot in the BIOS.

    Paul, Jan 21, 2004