    I tried to changed my graphic card, to put another monitor...

    I don't know what i can do :-(
    Is there a way to restore the last bios without booting ?

    Alain, Aug 31, 2004

  2. Alain

    CeeBee Guest

    I guess you made a backup to your floppy disk, and you are not able to
    restore according to the ASUS instructions due to the fact that the FD
    doesn't work? Then I think there's not much help but go to a service
    like http://www.recoverybios.com/ (or a few others).

    I really don't want to gloat, and don't want to be the wisecrack, but
    was there really a necessity to update your BIOS? Sometimes I get the
    feeling a lot of people update their BIOS just because they _can_.
    There's seldomly a real necessity for it. But that doesn't help you much
    now :(

    Good luck anyhow.

    --
    CeeBee

    Archer: "Houdini could get out of this."
    T'Pol: "Perhaps you should invite him on your next mission."

    Picard: "Mr. Worf, do you know Gilbert and Sullivan?"
    Worf: "No sir, I have not had a chance to meet all the new crew members
    since I have been back."

    CeeBee, Aug 31, 2004

  3. Alain

    Alain Guest

    I am a lucky man finally ! I went to my retailer and he reflash my rom with
    another and now everything is OK :)

    Alain, Aug 31, 2004
  4. Alain

    GF Guest

    If you want to be able to flash your BIOS as often as you wish, try to
    get a Bios Savior (Saviour, in Britain, and maybe everywhere else in
    Europe).

    You can then switch BIOS (it comes with one, you add your present
    one) if flashing fails, and you can then safely reflash.

    Not really cheap, though.

    GF, Aug 31, 2004
  5. Alain

    Mark Guest

    Understand whole heartedly what Mr. CeeBee is saying when he states "just
    because" (referring to reflashing) I personally hate going there but in my
    case it was a necessity with the new SP2. I had one of the ASUS boards with
    the Prescott CPU and needed to reflash to get my machine even to boot. It
    wasn't that hard and it isn't even that hard with older boards. You just
    have to follow the instructions and exactly. And don't do it if you don't
    understand!!

    Mark, Aug 31, 2004
  6. Alain

    Phil Guest

    I was able to resolve it by popping the CMOS battery out, waiting a
    few moments then popping it back it. This seems to reset the CMOS or
    something.

    I had the same problem with ASUS A7N8X-X containing the NVIDIA chip
    set.

    Regards,
    Phil

    Phil, Sep 1, 2004