A7N8X-E DELUXE => Options for UNDERVOLTING VCORE ?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Teknyske, Jun 8, 2005.

  1. Teknyske

    Teknyske Guest

    Some CPU's (Thoroughbred-B and Mobile Barton-based) run perfectly stable at
    VCORE voltages below the official specifications.
    For instance a VCORE lower than 1.65 V for a Thoroughbred-B.
    This can be interesting because at lower voltages, less heat is produced by
    the CPU.

    Some motherboards (for instance the ABIT NF7-S V2) allow one to manually
    choose the VCORE-voltage in the BIOS in a range of 1.1 to 1.85 V.
    So this allows one to either "undervolt" (-> reduce heat) or "overvolt" (->
    enhance overclocking) the CPU.

    However, the BIOS of the A7N8X(-E) Deluxe only seems to allow one to
    overvolt the CPU ???

    So what options are there to undervolt the CPU core on this mobo ?
    - Are there any modded BIOSses that enable undervolting (like for the MSI
    K7N2) ?
    - Nvidia System Utility ? (see
    http://hardware.mcse.ms/archive22-2005-4-176638.html)
    => I do not seem to be able to set the VCORE anywhere using this utility ??
    - wire trick as explained on http://www.ocinside.de ?

    Many thanks in advance !
    Teknyske

    Teknyske, Jun 8, 2005

  2. Teknyske

    Ed Guest

    Maybe putting wire in the socket to change the default vcore may work.
    http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/pinmod/amd_pinmod.html

    Ed, Jun 8, 2005

  3. Teknyske

    D J Guest

    First of all: RTFM

    http://tinyurl.com/cckm2

    Then download program 8rdavcore

    http://tinyurl.com/dqn24

    Unrar it somewhere, run 8rdavcore.exe, set program options,

    and enjoy in aproximatelly 4-8°C lower temperatures, just as I do, with the
    combination of A7N8X-E Deluxe/M2500+/Zalman 7000B-Cu.

    This program automatically changes FSB, when CPU load goes higher/lower
    then jou set values for CPU use.

    Don't forget tiny program Speedfan, for regulation of the CPU fan speed
    controll

    After you disable firewall, with IE, you can download actual version 4.24
    here:

    http://tinyurl.com/cout5

    Verry cute program is S2KCtl, which give few °C lower temperatures.

    http://tinyurl.com/9s6eb chose one of the mirrors with American flag.

    After you run S2KCtl.exe, halt disconect divisor, and stop grant divisor
    set to 64

    When listen music, because of using 8rdavcore, verry short periodical
    pauses occures. :eek:(

    D J, Jun 8, 2005