    display to indicate it was booting from the floppy or that it had a
    problem. BIOS is set to boot floppy. Tried 3 different boot disks.

    Help. 8^(

    One of the Arthurs, Feb 21, 2004

  2. Well, it wasn't that it was quitting during floppy booting. It was just
    taking forever. If I let it go for 5 minutes, it would finish booting.
    Even before starting on the floppy, the boot process was taking a long
    time. My first clue was when FDISK would not detect the hard drive even
    though bootup listed it.

    In swapping motherboards, I put in the new IDE cable that ASUS put with
    the MB. In doing so, I had the brilliant idea to switch the jumper on my
    disk from "cable select" to "master". Bad idea. When I switched it back
    to master, boot from floppy was normal and hard drive was okay with
    previous formatting.

    One of the Arthurs, Feb 21, 2004