A7N8X-E Deluxe - USB 2.0 Not Working On Any Of the Six Ports.

Discussion in 'Asus' started by ZeldaZ, Feb 27, 2004.

  1. ZeldaZ

    ZeldaZ Guest

    Hi,

    I'm running an A7N8X-E Deluxe and I'm only getting USB 1.1 support on
    all 6 USB ports.

    I have WindowsXP SP1 installed and USB 1.1 and 2.0 support enabled in
    the BIOS.

    Asus had be install the latest Nforce all in one driver package, but
    that did not fix the problem.

    This is what I see under device manager:

    NVIDIA PCI TO USB ENHANCED HOST ONTROLLER
    STANDARD OPENHCD USB HOST CONTROLLER
    STANDARD OPENHCD USB HOST CONTROLLER
    UNKNOWN DEVICE
    UNKNOWN DEVICE
    UNKNOWN DEVICE
    UNKNOWN DEVICE
    USB COMPOSITE HUB
    USB ROOT HUB
    USB ROOT HUB
    USB ROOT HUB

    Any suggestions appreciated!

    ZeldaZ, Feb 27, 2004

  2. ZeldaZ

    sdlomi2 Guest

    Go to Windows Update, look for Driver Updates, and you just may find one
    for USB driver updates. May hafta install SP1a, or some such. Then USB
    away. HTH & good luck, sdlomi

    sdlomi2, Feb 28, 2004

  3. ZeldaZ

    z Guest

    Luck is what I need. There are no driver updates to install under
    Windows Update.

    I guess I'll try uninstalling all the USB devices and see what Windows
    re-installs.....I know it doesn't use the Nivida PCI Enhanced
    Controller, it uses XP's own version....maybe that will work.

    z, Feb 28, 2004
  4. ZeldaZ

    z Guest

    You know....this USB 2.0 thing should be a no-brainer. It's worked
    perfectly on 4 other A7N8X-E boards I've recently installed, so I went
    on the assumption that this is a hardware(mainboard) problem.

    Swapped the board out and everything booted up perfectly with USB 2.0
    support on all six ports. I'm lucky I had another new board sitting
    here to swap with.

    Asus doesn't have a clue about anything whenever I've talked to them
    on the phone, so to save myself a lot of aggravation, I just went out
    and bought a 4 port USB 2.0 board($15) and now I have working USB 2.0
    ports.

    Asus support in general has really been lame. They answer their
    telephone and you can speak with someone, but chances are they will
    know less than you do. I'm reading this group and finding that so many
    people are having USB and other hardware problems that this is going
    to be my last Asus board.

    z, Feb 28, 2004
  5. ZeldaZ

    Gus Guest

    You can also try updating drivers from the nvidia to the microsoft that's in
    sp1

    Gus, Feb 29, 2004