A7N8X-E Deluxe Wifi Module

Discussion in 'Asus' started by JJ, Aug 16, 2005.

  1. JJ

    JJ Guest

    JJ, Aug 16, 2005

  2. JJ

    Yojimbo Guest

    I installed my Asus WiFi but I haven't used it yet, but I will in time
    (evolving PC situation). I bought it when I bought the mobo at www.ncix.com
    in BC here in Canada. I was planning to ask around, so far no luck, on the
    old style game port interface on the board. I did find the Creative Audigy
    has a similar plug-to-back-plate thing but it's just that much a non-fit,
    proprietary size I'd guess. Setup was easy but since I haven't proved it
    yet...

    Yojimbo, Aug 17, 2005

  3. JJ a écrit :
    > Hi,
    >
    > Has anyone used the WiFi module with this mainboard? I found a card
    > at New Egg from Asus here:
    > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16856998001
    >
    > Has anyone used this module or know where one can be purchased. I see
    > a description on the Asus site here:
    > http://www.asus.com/products/mb/mb_accessories.htm
    >
    > but I don't see a way or place to purchase it.
    >
    > Is it easy to set up and does it work?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Joe

    As I can see on their site, the dedicated port on the mainboard accepts
    only a 802.11b module, the 802.11g module being a PCI card.

    Thus you can use any PCI WiFi card on the A7N8X-E Deluxe. I'm using a
    Linksys WMP54G, and it runs perfectly fine.

    Chong Woo Paig, Aug 17, 2005