a7n8x-e deluxe winxp usb2 drivers from asus site - install or not

Discussion in 'Asus' started by cj, Apr 8, 2006.

  1. cj

    cj Guest

    Just been setting up an asus a7n8x-e deluxe mobo, downloaded the latest
    drivers from the asus site and wanted to clear up whether i need to
    install the winxp usb2 drivers from the asus site.

    I'm running winxp with sp2 so do i need to install these usb drivers
    from asus ? Are they applicable only if you are setting up a system
    running xp with no sp's installed ?

    If i am meant to install them or it's advisable to try them if you are
    having problems with usb2 how do i go about it - there is no setup file
    to run so i presume you go to device manager and 'update driver' -
    thing is under usb controllers there are a lot of usb entries which one
    would it be to right click and select 'update driver' ?
    from memory there are a few usb hub entries, a usb standard controller,
    and a usb enhanced controller - which one ?

    Thanks for any help

    cj, Apr 8, 2006

  2. cj

    Rob Guest

    According to the Setup Info file included in the download, it indicates
    it's needed for use with a USB Mass Storage Device. Specifically
    mentioned is Genesys
    Rob

    Rob, Apr 8, 2006