    3-3-3-8.

    I would appreciate any suggestions.

    TIA

    Ron Todd, Apr 29, 2004

  2. Ron Todd

    rstlne Guest

    180ghz kinda impressive that..
    forgiving typo's however..
    Is the ram pc3200

    Whats the temps at when say it's running underspec (166 or 180 or whatever)
    (would make sure this is good before going much farther, cpu die should def
    be under 60, probably 40-50 or maybee a little higher if it's in a verry hot
    env)

    Have you tried lowering the ram speed (putting it out of sync) to make the
    ram run slower (just to see if the cpu is running okay at 2.2ghz), In fact I
    would probably try it both ways
    fsb @ 100 & ram @ 200%
    fsb @ 200 & ram @ 50%

    rstlne, Apr 29, 2004

  3. Ron Todd

    Andrew J Guest

    I get 197 with generic RAM on 8 NF2 boards, 2 are A7N8x DLX. Lock RAM
    to 100%, AGP to 66Mhz, give those sticks 2.7 or 2.8volts for
    stability.

    Andrew J, Apr 29, 2004
  4. Ron Todd

    rstlne Guest

    I get 197 with generic RAM on 8 NF2 boards, 2 are A7N8x DLX. Lock RAM

    I get about 215 using twinmos sticks (not the matched stuff)
    and to be honest, I am not sure if it's the memory, the NB or the cpu that
    is falling over at 215..
    At 210 I can run memtest & prime95 with no errors at all (cpu does get a lil
    warm).. He shouldnt need to bump voltages up to reach the rated speeds of
    his chip&ram (not saying it wouldnt help however)

    rstlne, Apr 29, 2004
  5. I have the exact same problem with the same hardware (BIOS v1009-not even on
    Asus web site yet)-I got cpu at 2200 by slowing mem to 166mhz. (FSB at
    333mhz.) System runs great, however I paid for much faster performance.
    Board will not run at 400mhz in any mem config (single stick, two sticks,
    dual channel, single channel, changing slots). If any one has a solution
    please let us know. Thanks

    Paul E. LePage, Apr 29, 2004
  6. Ron Todd

    rstlne Guest

    Your listing it just like the other guy
    this "Kingston Valueram"..
    Is that all the info you can provide.. The web page list a ddr400 table of
    recommended ram
    "Kingston KVR400X64
    C25/256 2.5 256MB Single Winbond W942508BH-5
    "

    If it's not ddr400 ram then you simply cant run the ram in sync and keep the
    fsb at 200..
    So if you do have t he KVR 400 X 64 C25/256 then it should be spot on..
    http://www.valueram.com/config/partsinfo.asp?ktcpartno=KVR400X64C25/256

    Post back with the ram that you have and maybee someone can help
    If you bought the 3a stuff then you'll have to relax your timings ..
    Anyhow, More detail on the ram please

    rstlne, Apr 29, 2004
  7. Ron Todd

    Ron Todd Guest

    Sorry, I am kind of distracted.......
    Kingston KVR400X64C3AK2/1G

    http://www.ec.kingston.com/ecom/configurator/PartsInfo.asp?ktcpartno=KVR400X64C3AK2/1G
    About 43 degrees F over room temp according to ASIS Probe 2.
    Interesting, I'll give this a shot later.

    Tried this, locked up tight, had to go through the battery removal
    chore.

    tnx

    Ron Todd, Apr 30, 2004
  8. Ron Todd

    Ron Todd Guest

    Tried that, at 190, continuously reboots Windows XP Home. No joy.

    Tnx.

    Ron Todd, Apr 30, 2004
  9. Ron Todd

    Ron Todd Guest

    I am beginning to think it was a mistake to buy a package instead of
    buying by the piece like I usually do. Left to my own devices I would
    never have selected the budget Kingston sticks.

    TNX

    Ron Todd, Apr 30, 2004
  10. Ron Todd

    Ron Todd Guest

    This is what I have, manually set to 3-3-3-8, which is also the spd
    setting.

    http://www.ec.kingston.com/ecom/configurator/PartsInfo.asp?ktcpartno=KVR400X64C3AK2/1G

    I fear I made a grave error in referring to it as "valueram, " rather
    than taking the time to give the correct citation of
    KVR400X64C3AK2/1G.

    tnx

    Ron Todd, Apr 30, 2004
  11. Ron Todd

    Natéag Guest

    That is the memory I use on my A7N8x-E. Two sticks, run asdouble channel,
    and they work perfectly.

    Natéag, Apr 30, 2004
  12. Ron Todd

    Ron Todd Guest

    Are you running a XP 3200+ at 200mhz, 100% FSB?

    tnx

    Ron Todd, Apr 30, 2004
  13. DUH Yes mine IS DDR 400, Asus approved part, I spoke to a kingston support
    rep last night and he said not all identical part numbers are the same-
    revision number comes into play, he said some will not work on this board
    even though its the right part number. I'll post more info on it later
    today.

    Paul E. LePage, Apr 30, 2004
  14. Ron Todd

    rstlne Guest

    I am beginning to think it was a mistake to buy a package instead of
    To be honest, I think the board is just a little picky with ram sometimes..
    I have heard lots of complaints about Kingston and this board. I seem to
    remember some people complaining about OCZ And Kingston HyperX ram..

    Still.. I say make sure it's not the processor and set the frequency's
    around like I suggested earlier

    rstlne, Apr 30, 2004
  15. Ron Todd

    Ron Todd Guest

    Yes, I have heard that story before. The manufacture keeps the same
    part number but changes suppliers depending on the market. Buyer ends
    up with what ever is in the line at a particular time.

    At the present I am leaning toward the memory problem, just hate
    biteing the bullet and going to Fry's for replacement sticks. I think
    I will try to exhause the other options before laying some more bucks
    down.

    tnx

    Ron Todd, May 1, 2004
  16. Ron Todd

    Rico Guest

    My friend bought this board from TCWO and experienced many problems
    with blue screens. He bought two sticiks of DDR 3200 and only one
    stick would run good at 200MHz. On memtest86 one stick failed many of
    the tests.He exchanged the one stick and the problem continued. The
    newer stick also failed the memtest86 tests.
    He then ordered two 512 sticks from crucial and he is now running rock
    solid.

    Rico

    Rico, May 1, 2004
  17. Kingston sending me 2 sticks of KVR400X64C3AK2, their engineers say it will
    work for me. We'll see if it works-if not I think I'll try Crucial/Micron.
    I'll let you know how it works on Monday. Any idea what Crucial part number?

    Paul E. LePage, May 1, 2004
  18. Ron Todd

    Ron Todd Guest

    That is the model number of stick I am having the dual channel problem
    with. Right now I have it running single off of one of them at 196mhz
    clock. I'm going up in 1 mhz steps until I get it to fail to run.

    I'm wondering what to do next if I get both of them to run 197mhz, or
    so single, but no more than 180mhz dual channel????

    Ron Todd, May 1, 2004
  19. Ron Todd

    Andrew J Guest

    Run them both single channel(first 2 slotts) if you can. Dual channel
    is great on paper but in real life not so much. Having your Sandra RAM
    scores go up 4% means very little to most users.

    Andrew J, May 1, 2004
  20. Ron Todd

    Ron Todd Guest

    I installed a Thermaltake Silent Boost cooler an I now have it running
    well at 185. I had it at 190 for about three hours, then started a
    google search and it did a reboot on me. I'm think I will try upping
    the core and ram voltages next.

    Are those clip on, aftermarket ram heat sinks like Thermaltake worth
    it? My mother board is currently 22c/71f according to ASUS Probe.

    tnx

    Ron Todd, May 5, 2004