A7N8X-E Dlx & Motherboard Monitor Settings?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Eyman, Feb 12, 2004.

  1. Eyman

    Eyman Guest

    hi,

    having recently upgraded from an A7N8X-Deluxe to a A7N8X-E-Deluxe I cant
    seem to set motherboard monitor to detect the diode.

    the socket (Asus 1) and case (Asus 2) is detected fine but the diode isnt
    detected.

    in the A7N8X-Deluxe the W83l785TS-S monitor could be selected but this is
    not availiable on the A7N8X-E-Deluxe.

    can anyone help in setting motherboard monitor (5.3.5.1) to read the diode
    temperature.

    thanks in advance

    eyman

    Eyman, Feb 12, 2004

  2. I'm not sure you can .. after early experiences with many panicked users
    (who were seeing ~15c increase in reported CPU temps) many mobo makers
    =only= make the on-chip diode output available to the special little
    chip which shuts things down on overheat. Not sure if the A7N8X-E goes
    that route or not.

    GSV Three Minds in a Can, Feb 12, 2004