    I'm going to run that new chip also at 333 MHz (underclocking).

    Thanx in advance,
    -|<|<

    KK, May 26, 2004

  2. KK

    Roy Coorne Guest

    KK wrote:

    Those chipes are not identical. I would expect trouble.

    RC

    Roy Coorne, May 26, 2004

  3. KK

    Ed Guest

    As long as both sticks themselves are supported on that board I don't
    see why it wouldn't work, I'd manually set the ram timings and the
    memory bus MHz to the lower spec stick, also it's always best to run the
    memory bus in sync(100%)of the FSB when possible.

    Cheers,
    Ed

    Ed, May 26, 2004
  4. KK

    Ben Pope Guest

    Are any chips identical?

    Ben

    Ben Pope, May 26, 2004
  5. KK

    Ben Pope Guest

    That'll be fine.

    Set the timings manually if you do have any problems (or just set them
    manually anyway)

    Ben

    Ben Pope, May 26, 2004
  6. KK

    Kylesb Guest

    Listen to Ben, he knows what he's doing!

    I have 2 different A7n8x-dlx systems, both run in dual channel mode,
    none of the memory sticks are "identical". One system has 2-256 meg
    sticks of pc3200 and 1 512 meg stick of pc3700. The other system has
    1 256 meg stick of pc2100 and 1 256 meg stick of pc2700. Both systems
    run in dual channel mode correctly. Both systems have the memory
    timing parameters setup manually. If anyone suggests that this cannot
    be done and work correctly, then that person has no clue what they are
    talking about.

    --
    Best regards,
    Kyle

    Kylesb, May 27, 2004
  7. KK

    Nom Guest

    Look in your BIOS right now, and note down the settings for your current
    stick.

    Apply those settings manually in the BIOS when you put your new stick in,
    and it should work fine.

    If the board decides that the sticks are "too different" (ie, one
    single-sided and one double-sided, or whatever) then it will deactivate
    dual-channel by itself.

    Bear in mind that the performance gain of Dual-Channel mode, is
    approximately 0%.

    Unless you're using the onboard graphics on an nForce 2 board with onboard
    graphics, then running dual-channel won't make the slightest bit of
    difference to your real-world performance.

    Nom, May 27, 2004
  8. KK

    KK Guest

    Thanx!