A7N8X: terminating nForce Tray causes whole system to freeze!

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Andreas Eibach, Sep 17, 2003.

  1. Yep ...

    OS is Win98 SE, and after I got the following problem with the drivers from
    my CD supplied with the mobo, I tried to drop those drivers and reinstall
    the drivers from the net. No changes except a few cosmetical fixes in the
    installer itself.
    Problem stays:

    - Load nForce Tray at startup
    - Right-click with mouse on tray icon and say 'Exit'. (or 'Quit', I've got
    german version sorry)

    Try to click anywhere resp. try to open IE or Opera or whatever.

    SYSTEM HANGS.

    To be able to work normally again, I have to reboot.
    As this isn't fixed yet (and some German user reported this in January 2003
    too!), I decided to drop the whole tray and use manually created links for
    the supplied tools to ensure system stability.

    If any Nvidia dude reads this, please retest and FIX this eventually.
    Thanks.

    -ae-

    Andreas Eibach, Sep 17, 2003