    Is there a BIOS utility that would allow for setting of the memory bus
    speed? The Nvidia System Utility only allows changing of the FSB speed.

    TIA!

    Y, Sep 2, 2004

  2. Y

    Paul Guest

    The obvious:

    1) Buy some DDR333 RAM
    2) Lower FSB to 266 to match the RAM
    3) A miracle happens, and the RAM is stable at 333.

    Another solution would be to find a Windows application, the
    likes of softfsb, setfsb, or clockgen, and use that to set
    up the board. Now, the problem with this, is I don't see
    a conventional clock generator chip on the board, so it is
    hard to say whether a tool to tweak this board is available
    or not. Tools such as the three named above, have to be
    designed for each clock generator chip, and as Nvidia doesn't
    give out docs, the poor writers ot these applications will have
    no info with which to do their invaluable work.

    When a BIOS doesn't have adjustments, you have to buy exactly
    the right parts to make it work, because without adjustments,
    there is no wiggle room.

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Sep 2, 2004

  3. Y

    Elrod Hoth Guest

    I've seen quite a bit of 333 mem sold at OfficeMax and other chain
    stores packed as 266 or 266/333 look real closely at the little
    sticker and see if you have 2100, 2700, or 2100/2700. I thoght the
    same thing at first using the same MB and upon closer inspection I
    found it was 2700 mem in a 2100 package...

    EH

    Elrod Hoth, Sep 2, 2004