    If I boot with it on it pickes it up and works fine.
    Sound like a clash
    any sugestions would be great

    john, Jun 28, 2003

  2. john

    Egil Solberg Guest

    I have had the same issue with external modem on COM-port with both an Asus
    P2B and Asus A7S333, both under Windows XP.
    I guess it´s an OS-problem. It´s not annoying me, I just power up the modem
    before the machine.

    Egil Solberg, Jun 28, 2003

  3. john

    john Guest

    I have also had this issue on other boards with xp however it is normally
    solved when I don't let xp install it own drivers
    If I direct it to my specified drivers and location. In the past this has
    solved the problem this time around it hasn't

    john, Jun 28, 2003
  4. john

    Doug Ramage Guest

    Same here - I had assumed it was a Windows XP problem?

    Doug Ramage, Jun 28, 2003
  5. john

    John Hall Guest

    This is normal. When you want to use the modem just turn it on before you
    boot. I also have a usb scanner, usb camera, and a dv camera with a
    firewire connection. None of these appear in the device manager unless I
    turn them on and connect them. Nice thing about usb and firewire is that
    you don't have to reboot the system when you connect devices. Unfortunately
    a serial modem is a legacy device and can't work until you reboot.

    JK

    John Hall, Jun 29, 2003