    1, as I have the USB ports on the back of the case/board, and then the 2
    ports on the front.

    Thanks

    Bob H, Jan 17, 2004

  2. Bob H

    KB Guest

    Yes, all the 6 ports are USB2 as long as it is enabled in the
    Bios(USB1.1&2.0), and you have SP1 or the driver from the Asus Install CD.

    KB, Jan 17, 2004

  3. Bob H

    Rob Guest

    Hey Bob,

    The Enhanced Controller is for USB 2 and the OHCD Controllers are for
    USB 1.1. On the Root Hubs you should see a tab for Power. In each 1.1
    Hub it says how many ports are available/attached. Should be a total of
    3 on each. The 2.0 Hub should show all 6 and the 2.0 devices attached
    (if any). I'm assuming all 6 ports are working from your previous post
    but this will verify it! Also by plugging/unplugging you can see which
    ports show up where.

    Rob

    Rob, Jan 17, 2004
  4. Bob H

    Bob H Guest

    Hi Rob,
    ok, from checking properties on each USB thingy:

    Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
    Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller
    Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller
    USB 2.0 Root Hub....6 ports available 0ma. That will be 4 on the back and
    2 on the front
    USB Mass Storage Device........My digicam
    USB Printing Support
    USB Root Hub.....USB Printer and USB Scanner, I port available, 2ma each
    USB Root Hub.....3 ports available 0ma

    So is it trial and error to see which ports are USB 2?

    Thanks

    Bob H, Jan 17, 2004
  5. Bob H

    Rob Guest

    Hi Rob,
    Bob,
    They're all indicating USB 2.0 capable but indications are, you have no
    USB2.0 devices connected, only 1.1. I'm not sure where the digicam fits
    in that scheme. You could plug a device into each connection to verify
    that the connection itself is working, so in that sense it's trial and
    error but the USB 2 hardware is working.

    Rob

    Rob, Jan 17, 2004
  6. Bob H

    Bob H Guest

    Ok Rob,
    well as far as I know, all USB ports are working. Well I know
    the ones on the front are, and the ones on the back are ok as I have my
    printer and scanner plugged in there; anddigicam has been plugged in to both
    front ones to check they are ok.

    I see now about USB 2.0;I have to have USB 2.0 devices for the USB ports to
    function as USB 2.0. Is that correct?
    And if so, if the device, ie printer etc is NOT USB 2.0, then port will NOT
    function as USB 2.0. Am I right in there?

    Than ks

    Bob H, Jan 18, 2004
  7. Bob H

    KB Guest

    You got it.................
    If you plug in only USB 1.1 items then there is no way for the USB port to
    run as 2.0.
    You need to connect something that is USB2.0.

    KB, Jan 18, 2004
  8. Bob H

    Bob H Guest

    sorted, thanks