A7N8X-X : GeForce4 Ti4200 locks up in OpenGl only with the new drivers

Discussion in 'Asus' started by GreatShot, Jan 25, 2004.

  1. GreatShot

    GreatShot Guest

    Hi !

    I have a Tornado(Inno3D) Geforce 4 Ti 4200 128Mo AGPx4.
    My OpenGl games (Ennemy territory, Wolfenstein...) locks up with the new
    official detonator drivers.

    With the driver version 53.03 . These games lock up after 20s of play (hard
    reset).
    With the driver version 52.16. These games lock up immediately ! at the init
    of the opengl coponents.
    With the old driver version 45.33. These games Work fine !

    It's strange, because the 2 first drivers are WHQL certified, not the third
    that works fine.
    My motherboard and video card are not overclocked,
    In the BIOS a have reduced to the minimum the AGP values -> same results.
    3DMARK2003 works fine with these 3 versions.

    My Config:
    All drivers, OS, BIOS are up to date.
    Windows XP Home SP1
    MB : ASUS A7N8X-X with nForce2 chipset
    512DDR
    Athlon 2600+
    Sound Blaster live !

    Any Idea ?
    Best Regards.

    GreatShot, Jan 25, 2004

  2. GreatShot

    Wizza Guest

    This is a known problem between Punkbuster software (anti-cheaters),
    detonator 5X.XX nvidia drivers and Ti4200... No solution yet except using
    4X.XX drivers...

    Wizza

    Wizza, Jan 28, 2004