    Does anyone know whether it is possible to get a lower than normal voltage for the CPU and RAM from an A7N8X-X ? I'd like to underclock my XP2500+ by running it at FSB266 or FSB200, but my ultimate aim is to reduce heat (and fan noise), so I guess significant results will only come from also lowering the voltage, but the BIOS doesn't seem to allow this... Maybe there's a hacked BIOS with additional voltage settings?
    Any tips/suggestions gratefully welcomes!

    Marc.

    Jan, Feb 8, 2004

  2. Jan

    Jan Guest

    :)

    In the meantime I've found out about the Uberman BIOS, but it seems he only unlocked higher voltage settings, not lower. Anyone know how to reach him to send in requests? :)

    Marc.
    ----

    Jan, Feb 8, 2004

  3. Jan

    Ed Guest

    One way to do it would be to trick the mobo into thinking the CPU has a
    lower default vcore by putting tiny wires in the CPU socket, look at the
    url below in socket view.

    http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/pinmod/amd_pinmod.html

    Ed

    Ed, Feb 8, 2004
  4. Jan

    Nanga Parbat Guest

    The Vcore pinmod requires all L11 bridges to be cut and you can't go
    lower than 1.45V that way. Without cutting the bridges you can only
    mod your CPU to a higher default Vcore.

    Nanga

    Nanga Parbat, Feb 9, 2004