A7N8Xdlx: Asus Probe goes loopy after system standby

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Caroline, Jul 23, 2003.

  1. Caroline

    Caroline Guest

    Probe works just fine until the machine is put into standby or
    hibernation. Once wakened, the CPU and Mobo temps are all wrong. For
    instance, the first time I tried it, it told me the CPU temp was 80decC,
    which led to a panic-stricken shut-down! Last night, however, it
    insisted the CPU was a rather remarkable 6decC, inferring it hadn't been
    standing by but refrigerating itself! Ditto with the mobo monitor, which
    also appears to be random. Closing Probe and restarting makes no
    difference at all; whatever figure it first thought of, it stays with.
    Only a reboot fixes the problem (which may instead be with the mobo
    sensors of course!).

    Please don't suggest Motherboard Monitor; I tried that program a few
    days ago and got constant BSOD's until I uninstalled. Well, unless you
    know why that might be?

    TIA

    Caroline

    Caroline Picking,