    the Asus web site I can find drivers for DOS (NDIS2 [DOS for
    Workgroups] and/or VLM/Client32 [Novell Netware]).
    Does anybody where such drivers can be found?

    Bernhard, Jul 17, 2003

  2. Bernhard

    Nom Guest

    AFAIK, there are none. Disable the onboard NIC, and spend $5 on a PCI NIC -
    it'll come with all the drivers you need.

    Nom, Jul 23, 2003

  3. Bernhard

    Bernd Guest

    Nope,
    there are some to be downloadable on
    http://www.xs4all.be/~basheij/nForce2/NDIS-DOS-NForce-Ethernet.zip
    They are working as described in the included PDF file. But Novell VLM
    are freezing.
    However: The PXE implemenation in the A7NV266 is one of the worst on
    the market: It reduces main conventional memory from 640KB to 512KB
    making it nearly impossible to make the PXE boot useful.
    Using 3rd party NICs (like Intel, Realtek) also doesn't work due to
    memory fragmenatation in the upper memory (again: not enough base
    memory).
    So it looks like the Asus boards is junk for PXE purposes.

    Regards
    Bernd

    Bernd, Jul 23, 2003