    configs during install, but no go.
    I remember about the same C-media 8738 setup on the A7V333 with 4.1 speakers
    and me and a buddy got that working.

    Egil Solberg, Nov 14, 2003

  2. Egil Solberg

    Roy Coorne Guest

    Your sister doesn't happen to have a PCI display adapter? A7S333 sound
    hates that...

    Roy

    Roy Coorne, Nov 15, 2003

  3. Egil Solberg

    Egil Solberg Guest

    No, she has a Geforce4 Ti 4200 AGP. Thanks for replying.

    Egil Solberg, Nov 15, 2003
  4. Egil Solberg

    Rick Allen Guest

    I have the same board running the onboard sound, however I have never
    set up the system with more than 2 speakers. I did notice however that
    the motherboard has a set of jumpers called BCS1 and BCS2 that you can
    change to change from "bass/center" to "center/bass". The manual is
    quoted as follows on this setting.

    "Use these jumpers in conjunction with the C-Media PCI Audio Adapter and
    to adjust output for 4 or 6 speaker audio. No audio standard exists for
    the three pick-up surfaces on male audio jacks, therefore it may be
    necessary to switch jumpers from the default position, (1-2), to (2-3),
    in order to reroute signals among the internal leads in the line-in,
    line-out, mic female sockets."

    This is at least worth looking into. Hope this helps.

    Rick Allen, Nov 15, 2003
  5. Egil Solberg

    Egil Solberg Guest

    Update: I got word from my sister today. She told that suddenly all speakers
    worked. We had previously tested the sound with Winamp2. I asked if she used
    WMP9. Yes she did now.
    We went back to Winamp and changed output plugin from wave_out to
    directsound (I have always changed from the default directsound to wave_out
    when installing, because I think it sounds better). Now all speakers work in
    Winamp, too. Guess I have myself to blame, but as everybody knows, guiding
    someone via msn messenger and phone can be hell, especially if it's your
    sister :)
    Thanks to those who answered.

    Egil Solberg, Nov 16, 2003