    Barton 2500 Amd and Thorton 2000
    Which my mobo support at best?
    Thanx

    KEN, Aug 5, 2006

  2. KEN

    Paul Guest

    Barton is model 10. It comes in FSB333 and FSB400 models. It has 512KB L2.
    Thorton is model 10. I don't know what FSB speeds. It has 256KB L2.

    The CPUsupport page tells you which processors will work.

    http://support.asus.com.tw/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

    Thorton 2000+, 2200+, 2400+ are supported. A motherboard with
    "revision 1.03" or later stamped on it, is needed to run the Thorton.
    BIOS version 1005 or later should be installed on the motherboard,
    before the Thorton is installed.

    http://support.asus.com.tw/cpusuppo...px?type=1&name=A7S333&SLanguage=en-us&cache=1

    Athlon XP 2000+(Model 10)(Thorton)   1.03 1005

    The A7S333 supports FSB200 and FSB266 processors. The
    Barton is FSB333 or FSB400, so if the Barton works
    at all, it would run slower than normal. I assume since
    the Thorton is listed on the CPUsupport page, that
    means that the Thorton runs at FSB266 or slower.

    Conclusion: Check the motherboard revision, if it is greater than
    or equal to 1.03, then upgrade the BIOS and install
    your Thorton. If you get the Thorton to work, then
    you can try the Barton, but it will not work at
    its full speed.

    Paul

    Paul, Aug 7, 2006