    Patch Guest

    I've got an Orchid card that Asus doesn't recognize. Has anyone had any luck
    getting a 3Dfx video card to work? I've flashed the Bios, but no help.

    Patch, Jun 23, 2003

  2. Patch

    F.N Guest

    Why do you even *want* a 3dfx card ? Almost anything is faster.
    Which card is it anyway, a Voodoo2 ? If so, it needs another card,
    since that is only 3d... (good luck finding drivers also)

    F.N, Jun 24, 2003

  3. Patch

    Adam Reif Guest

    in message...
    Agreed. Spend $30 on a GeForce2 64mb MX400 which will run current nVidia
    drivers on any OS and blows the doors off of your Orchid. And yes - I do
    remember when Orchid was the bomb... I have an Orchid-IIS in my "museum" ;)

    There is one here:
    http://www.target-sale.com/tusa/items/videoagp/i03829.html

    Adam.

    Adam Reif, Jun 25, 2003
  4. Patch

    Adam Reif Guest

    I want to use the Orchid card for some old games I have that
    Oh.

    I think the answer is yes - it will work fine.

    In your original post you said:
    "I've got an Orchid card that Asus doesn't recognize"

    I think the *real* issue here is not hardware - but the Operating System you
    are using. Set it up in Win95 and you will be fine I would think? Are the
    games running in Windows - or in DOS?

    If I were you I would find out what the latest driver set available for your
    card is and go with that O/S.

    So, the questions are:
    Which model Orchid card do you have?
    Which O/S are you currently running?
    Which old games are worth this much trouble?

    Adam.
    ps. - I also have fond memories of older games that I wish I could still
    play...

    Adam Reif, Jun 26, 2003
  5. Patch

    Adam Reif Guest