    alittle better but it still happens, will see if it fixes it.

    Thanks for any help.

    Bye.

    We Live for the One we Die for the One, May 23, 2004

    Paul Guest

    Do a cardboard test. Place the motherboard and cooler on a piece of
    cardboard, then do your testing. Maybe the cooler is putting a lot
    of mechanical stress on the board and bending it ? It is pretty hard
    to examine your handywork at this distance :)

    Paul

    Paul, May 23, 2004

  3. What cpu cooler do you have on it ?

    We Live for the One we Die for the One, May 23, 2004
  4. If i move my pc arround like to put the cas eside back on the pc
    switches off, i have carpet so either its static or the cooler is
    pulling some connections apart on the board OWWIE when i move it and
    turning the pc off :0

    Can i get rubber washers that go over the holding screws so it holds
    the board from the back as well ?

    If you know hwat i mean :)

    Thanks.

    We Live for the One we Die for the One, May 23, 2004

    Chris Mallam Guest

    i am having the same problem. Everytime i shutdown, i have to switch the
    PSU off before i can use the switch on the front panel to power up.

    Another weirdness is that the BIOS insists that the CPU is a Duron when it
    is an Athlon 2400+.

    Chris Mallam, May 23, 2004

    Chris Mallam Guest

    stock AMD with 'special molecular bond' that came with the CPU

    Chris Mallam, May 26, 2004