A7V400-MX always uses onchip video first?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by lazardo, Jan 18, 2005.

  1. lazardo

    lazardo Guest

    Cold boot always uses onchip video, warm boot always sees AGP slot. BIOS
    settings AGP/onchip or AGP/PCI first do not help. Flashed from 1004 to
    1009 but no noticable changes.

    I noticed a ton of different BIOS revs for this board. Anyone try
    something besides 1004 or 1009 that worked?

    Also weird with 1004 and 1009:
    - manual DRAM Bank of 2 or 4 always slows memory down from 620MB/s to 400MB/s
    - other DRAM timing changes have no impact, in fact almost any setting
    besides "by SPD" reduces memory performance
    - BIOS labels L2 cache as "L3"

    2x512MB PC3200 (64Mx64,D32PB12C,CL2.5)
    Athlon XP 2800+
    FSB = 333