    Is this an indication of some sort of mainboard failure?

    I'm using BIOS 1004

    ==============

    Bach|DK|, Aug 15, 2004

  2. Bach|DK|

    Hulttio Guest

    this board is very funny, i almost throw it out of window :)
    however i believe that suspend mode has failed and board remember that
    and keep blinking even after one reboot (blink means suspend mode)
    i sold my top end a7v8x to my friend who wants stable board and i must
    say that a7v880 is el cheapo board if i compare it to a7v8x(best model).
    one sad thing is ami bios and i'am wondering why all current boards from
    asus comes with amibios, well probably it's just price.

    Hulttio, Aug 15, 2004

  3. Bach|DK|

    Paul Murphy Guest

    troubleshooting newsgroups.

    Many motherboards do this when they're in powersaving mode. Try unplugging
    the powersupply and while in that state attempt to start the PC (press its
    power button) - then plug it back in and have another go. This should reset
    it from a boot from standby mode to the boot from full shutdown mode. As for
    why its doing it intermittantly, have you always been doing complete
    shutdowns or do you sometimes use standby?

    Paul

    Paul Murphy, Aug 15, 2004
  4. Bach|DK|

    Bach|DK| Guest

    Paul Murphywrote:
    Many motherboards do this when they're in powersaving mode. Try
    unplugging
    the powersupply and while in that state attempt to start the PC (press
    its
    power button) - then plug it back in and have another go. This should
    reset
    it from a boot from standby mode to the boot from full shutdown mode.
    As for
    why its doing it intermittantly, have you always been doing complete
    shutdowns or do you sometimes use standby?

    Paul[/quote:b0aa1b4fd2]

    1. Yes, I have used the stand by feature a couple of times.
    2. I will try unplugging the powercord and then press the start button
    and give you the result.

    ==============

    Bach|DK|, Aug 15, 2004
  5. Bach|DK|

    Bach|DK| Guest

    Well, the blinking stopped after doing the "unplug cord" thing - but
    the question is: how long will it last.

    We'll see how it goes.

    ==============

    Bach|DK|, Aug 15, 2004
  6. Bach|DK|

    Ender Guest

    Are you sure it is set in the bios or OS to shut down? It sounds like
    it is in hibernation or standby mode.

    Ender

    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

    Ender, Aug 16, 2004
  7. Bach|DK|

    Bach|DK| Guest

    Enderwrote:
    On 15 Aug 2004 05:11:33 -0400, -spam.invalid
    hardware troubleshooting newsgroups.Are you sure it is set in the bios or OS to shut down? It sounds
    like
    it is in hibernation or standby mode.

    Ender

    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to
    do nothing." Edmund Burke[/quote:e14b9238db]

    Uhm... huh :shock:

    The problem is not to turn the thing off. It's when the computer is on
    the light is blinking.

    ==============

    Bach|DK|, Aug 16, 2004
  8. Bach|DK|

    Bach|DK| Guest

    Thought I'd let you know: The "blinking" is back :(

    ==============

    Bach|DK|, Aug 16, 2004
  9. Bach|DK|

    Paul Murphy Guest

    troubleshooting newsgroups.

    Is that actually causing a problem - i.e. does the machine actually work
    fully/reliably. Has it always done this or is it something that's just
    recently started occurring - if so, what did you do with the machine prior
    to the blinking starting. My thoughts are that if its not posing any
    problems, it may not be worth the effort required to make it go away so
    what's wrong with letting it blink away? Are you prepared if need be to do
    lots of part swapping and OS reinstalling?

    Paul

    Paul Murphy, Aug 17, 2004
  10. Bach|DK|

    Bach|DK| Guest

    Paul Murphywrote:
    Is that actually causing a problem - i.e. does the machine actually
    work
    fully/reliably. Has it always done this or is it something that's
    just
    recently started occurring - if so, what did you do with the machine
    prior
    to the blinking starting. My thoughts are that if its not posing any
    problems, it may not be worth the effort required to make it go away
    so
    what's wrong with letting it blink away? Are you prepared if need be
    to do
    lots of part swapping and OS reinstalling?

    Paul[/quote:eda94a71a5]

    The reason for this post was to find out if I was the only one with
    this "problem". I thought it might be a start to something going
    wrong with the MB. I've found out I wasn't the only one with this
    particular issue, so now I'm glad.

    It doesn't seem to effect the stability of the system og cause
    hardware failure. And it's not OS related, because the blinking
    starts before OS is loaded.

    ==============

    Bach|DK|, Aug 17, 2004
  11. Bach|DK|

    Bach|DK| Guest

    I have just discovered that there are 3 conditions:

    1. Normal where the light burns all the time.
    2. Blinking
    3. Off. There is no light i the LED

    Getting weird :shock:

    Bach|DK|, Aug 19, 2004