    And yes, I attached the 3pinTo4pin power adaptor, and also attached the
    yellow cable to the CPU fan connector. It seems as if the mobo thinks
    their is no fan running when their is.

    MM, Nov 16, 2004

  2. MM

    dino Guest

    there should be a setting in the BIOS to disable that shutdown
    feature..disable it while you have a stock cooler on and then change it.

    dino, Nov 16, 2004

  3. MM

    MM Guest

    what feature exactly should be disabled, I'm very cautious as to disable
    something that is there to prevent harm to my mobo/proc. I have parts that
    cannot be returned and cant afford a new cpu/mobo.

    MM, Nov 16, 2004
  4. MM

    Ed Guest

    My only guess would be the V9 fan is spinning at a slower RPM then the
    BIOS is expecting, so the BIOS thinks it's a bad/dead fan. ?

    Ed

    Ed, Nov 16, 2004
  5. MM

    MM Guest

    That's what I was thinking, so, If I disable that setting in the bios, and
    then the fan does actually fail, the mobo will fail to shut itself down and
    thus overheat costing me $$$???

    MM, Nov 16, 2004
  6. MM

    dino Guest

    I run that feature disabled on my system with a Volcano11..and the other one
    has it disabled with a CU6+...is the 9 a variable speed?...if it is turn it
    up.But if it isn't and you do not want to disable the feature..then you are
    going to have to run stock or find another solution..swapout the fan for a
    higher speed one

    dino, Nov 16, 2004
  7. MM

    dino Guest

    On my A7N8X-Deluxe I have Q-Fan disabled in Hardware monitor..on the other
    one it is something like CPU Fan detect...not sure but it might be
    Q-Fan...did you try Thermaltake?..also try disconnecting all your
    peripherals and then boot...just have your vid,ram and cooler running..no
    hd's or cd rom's..it might be drawing to much juice if your PSU is weak.That
    happened with my older PSU , I had to replace it.

    dino, Nov 16, 2004
  8. MM

    MM Guest

    I tried all three, variable, full, and sensor. All had the same problem.

    Yes, its probably me just needing to disable Q-Fan, I will try that
    next.......yes, the fan is Thermaltake.

    Its not the PSU.

    MM, Nov 16, 2004
  9. MM

    John Guest

    Disable CASE OPEN ALARM in bios

    John, Nov 16, 2004
  10. MM

    MM Guest

    Very Funny

    --

    Marc Miles

    MM, Nov 16, 2004
  11. MM

    rstlne Guest

    Sounds like you dont have a connection between the heatsink and the cpu

    rstlne, Nov 17, 2004
  12. MM

    rstlne Guest

    Best way to test that is just plug a normal fan in to that header.. Have the
    Vol9 fan plugg'd into another header and then the board can get a reading
    from a highrpm fan while the fan on the heatsink also spins..
    If it shuts down again tho then it's def a lack of a thermal connection.

    rstlne, Nov 17, 2004
  13. MM

    MM Guest

    You know, I thought of that as well as the sensor is a bit thick. So I
    attached the sensor to my working fan (A volcano 6 I think) and I had the
    same problem. So, then the problem is as you say, no connection between
    heatsink and cpu, or, the cpu header that takes the rpm connector from the
    volcano9 is flawed in some way, on both mobos?

    Thanks for all the help guys. I have decided to return the volcano9's in
    the end and put my current working volcano6 on the asus board with q-fan.
    And put a Thermalright SI-97 on my abit board.

    MM, Nov 17, 2004