a7v8x-ms No Post or Fans

Discussion in 'Asus' started by wesdabrick, Nov 27, 2006.

1. wesdabrick

wesdabrick

So about a week ago I decide to add level one RAID to one of my systems. I put in the controller and everything is good, except I hit a snag because I don't have a floppy drive to install the raid drivers during windows setup. So I leave the controller in and continue to run it with the old HDD. After a couple days, it starts shutting down on me after a few hours. I turn it back on, no big deal.

Tonight I come back to finish my job, turn on the computer and everything seems fine, except for one small glitch. When I turn it on the fans come on, then stop, then start again... It POSTs and everything is running great. I turn it off to mess with some SATA drives, try to turn it back on and it won't turn on. Lights on the mobo come on, but no fans... I mess with the power cable a bit, unplug it and plug it back in and all is well. Then after turning it off again and trying to turn it back on, it won't come on. Hasn't turned back on since.

I've reseated the ram, unplugged all non-essential devices(including HDD), reset the CMOS, unplugged and replugged the PS to the mobo... nothing works. Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

Also, I just realized that I cannot open the CDROM tray. Does this mean the power supply is done?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2006
    wesdabrick, Nov 27, 2006
Ask a Question