A7V8X-X with 1 x 1GB DDR333

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Ratphace, Jul 8, 2003.

  1. Ratphace

    Ratphace Guest

    I have an Asus A7V8X-X motherboard (using Athlon XP 2700+ CPU) and am
    trying to use one 1GB DDR333 DIMM in the system and it simply will not
    accept it, it only sits there and beeps. When I swap it out for 2 x
    512MB DDR333 DIMM's it works fine. (the reason this is a problem is I
    want to use 2 x 1GB DDR333 DIMM's to make use of the 4 bank limit at
    333MHz FSB setting and therefore cannot use any 512MB DIMM's).

    Naturally I thought I had a bad DIMM from the vendor, but I popped the
    1GB chip into my Asus A7S333 motherboard and it posted, booted and
    worked perfectly for hours while I gamed (trying to test it for any
    faults, etc).

    Anyone have any suggestions or experience with this motherboard using
    one 1GB DIMM?

    Lastly I should mention that I am not trying to overclock or do
    anything silly, just trying to use default speeds and configurations
    to get it setup.

    Thanks for any information anyone can provide.

    Ratphace

    Ratphace, Jul 8, 2003