A8N-E Bios problems - Please HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Asus' started by jedi_smf, Sep 8, 2006.

1. jedi_smf

jedi_smf

Hi there,

I had to remove the chipset fan from my A8NE to clean it and oil it ( a lot's of noice) and when i placed it back the bios wouldn't run at all! I don't have floppy drive at all and haven't done any backup boot floppy ... so i tryed to flash it by removing the battery and moving the jumper for 30+ seconds ...

The problem still exist - the BIOS doesn't boot WinXP at all - the rest of the motherboard looks fine and working... haven't force anything so i wonder what it could be .. could i've busted the bios chip?

Any advice will be appreciated!!

Respect!

Ivan

jedi_smf, Sep 8, 2006
  2. jedi_smf

arslan

Regarding A8N-E bios

Hi, Ivan.
    I hope that my post is not late.
    If u are sure that it is BIOS problem, u can simply recover BIOS by inserting driver CD that comes with motherboard (it is green CD :) ). During the post utility in CD will recover BIOS automatically (It worked for me once).
    Regarding the chipset fan. I never saw fan like that. It makes noise, fails to run and just sucks in every way possible.
    Change it as soon as u can. Just find small fan (broken motherboards or P3 CPU fan :) ) and fix it on same heatsink. But remove the old fan first.

Greetings, Arslan.

arslan, Sep 18, 2006
Ask a Question