A8N-SLi Deluxe and 2 PNY 6600GT SLi video cards

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Mark Smith, Jul 3, 2005.

  1. Mark Smith

    Mark Smith Guest

    I am trying to install 2 x PNY Nvidia 6600 GT SLi video cards into my Asus
    A8N-SLi Deluxe motherboard, however I can't get the nvidia software to give
    me any SLi options under windows as decribed in the manual for the
    motherboard. My OS is Windows XP SP2 fully up to date through windows
    update.

    I have down loaded the lastest Nvidia Video card drivers (version 77.72) and
    the latest drivers for the nForce4 chipset (6.53).

    Similar to another user on here my original motherboard BIOS version was
    1006. When I went into the BIOS to check any possible settings it didn't
    have the "SLI Mode" option in the Advanced menu, however it had an "SLI
    Configuration" sub-menu inbetween "Onboard Device Configuration" and
    "JumperFree Configuration". The only option that was available under the
    "SLI Configuration" sub-menu was "EZ-Plug Warning" (enabled or disabled).

    I updated my BIOS to 1011 and it still doesn't have the "SLI Mode" option
    though now there is 2 more options under "SLI Configuration" along with the
    "EZ-Plug Warning" (enabled or disabled).
    - SLI Broadcast Aperture (auto or disabled)
    - AI-Selector (auto, single video card or dual video card)

    I have tried all these options apart form 'single video card', I have
    changed the position of the video card selector to dual (the thing in
    between the 2 PCIe slots) get no SLi options in windows.

    The Windows does recognise 2 6600 GT video cards

    According to tech sites I have browsed over the weekend I should get 'greyed
    out' SLi optins in when there is only 1 card present I don't get this
    either..

    As I have updated the drivers ond the MB bios I am now struggling to see
    what to try next....

    Mark Smith, Jul 3, 2005

  2. I assume the SLI bridge is connected?

    Robert Hancock, Jul 3, 2005

  3. Mark Smith

    Mark Smith Guest

    Yes everytinhg is connected as it should be, power to the EZ plug, the card
    creating a bridge across the video cards etc... instructions in MB manual
    followed for connecting the hardware to the letter..

    "Robert Hancock">

    Mark Smith, Jul 3, 2005