  1. tecknotot

    tecknotot Guest

    I cant find anywhere in the bios to change this. Thanks!

    tecknotot, Jan 12, 2005

  2. tecknotot

    Paul Guest

    In the manual, in section 4.4, there is a picture of the BIOS
    screen. "SLI Mode" is the bottom item in the list.

    Both the EZ Selector card and the BIOS have to be changed,
    to run x16 or (2) x8 mode. This Tomshardware article
    mentions the Selector card that has to be rotated and
    reinserted in its connector on the motherboard, to change
    modes.

    http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20041123/sli-performance-07.html

    "There is also a small board there for selecting single or
    dual slot operation"

    Here is a picture of the selector card that needs to be
    rotated:

    http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20041123/images/a8n-2.jpg

    I've seen mention in one of the forums, that some people are
    having trouble getting x16 mode to work properly. It may be
    that, at least for now, your system will have to run x8/x8
    until it is fixed. I guess you'll know for sure, when you
    change the BIOS setting, and rotate the little selector
    board. According to this article, there is no appreciable
    difference between running a single PCI-E card in x16 or x8
    mode, at least for real games, so you aren't missing anything
    if you cannot get x16 mode set up.

    http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20041122/pcie-analyse-09.html

    Paul

    Paul, Jan 12, 2005

  3. tecknotot

    RichH Guest

    <tecknotot> wrote in message
    I cant find anywhere in the bios to change this. Thanks!

    Alot of people are having trouble with the because the EZ Selector
    card on this board is by default in dual SLI video card mode, which
    makes both PCIe video card slots 8x. This is contrary to Asus
    official documentation which states that the board ships with the card
    in position for single use even though it is in dual mode by default
    (at least is was on my new board and as best I can tell by all the
    posts on this subject most others). So if the selector card didn't
    get flipped around, your slot will be stuck in 8x mode instead of 16x.

    RichH, Jan 12, 2005