A8N SLI Deluxe Problems in SLI mode

Discussion in 'Asus' started by cudetoate, Jan 3, 2007.

  1. cudetoate

    cudetoate Guest

    MB: A8N SLI Deluxe
    CPU: 4600 x2
    GRAPHIC CARDS: pair of 6800 (identical cards from dell systems)
    Power source: ULTRA 600W
    OS: XP professional
    DirectX 9.0c
    memory: 2x512 Samsung pc3200

    Both graphic card are enabled in bios,
    Both graphic cards were installed according to MB manual.
    Both graphic cards are shown correctly in device manager under display
    adapters .

    Problem: when I enable SLI mode from windows graphic properties, screen
    goes black and then computer restarts without end.

    If I do not activate SLI computer runs fine.

    Please help.

    thanks in advance

    cudetoate, Jan 3, 2007

  2. cudetoate

    Paul Guest

    Paddle card in x8/x8 or x16/x1 mode ?

    One monitor connected ?

    The Dell 6800 probably doesn't draw a lot of power, so
    I cannot see the PSU falling over. What are the power
    specs printed on the label for the Ultra supply ?
    3.3V @ ??, 5V @ ??, 12V1 @ ??, 12V2 @ ?? and so on.

    Paul

    Paul, Jan 3, 2007

  3. cudetoate

    cudetoate Guest

    Thanks Paul,

    1.Paddle card in x8/x8 or x16/x1 mode - I do not know, from where can i
    change this settings?

    2. one monitor connected to the upper card (blue slot, close to the
    cpu)

    3. PSU has: 3.3V @ 25A, 5V @ 30A, 12V1 @ 18A, 12V2 @ 20A, +5VSB @ 2.5A.

    thank you,
    adrian

    cudetoate, Jan 3, 2007
  4. The card between the PCI-E 16x slots on the motherboard needs to be
    plugged in in the "Dual Video Cards" position.

    Robert Hancock, Jan 4, 2007
  5. cudetoate

    cudetoate Guest

    Hi Robert,

    the paddle card is in dual video cards settings (i was thinking of a
    settings into graphic card properties...sorry)
    i've installed Everest and everything looks OK. both card drives are
    identical, same bios string version....
    still, the problem persists...

    any advise would be appreciated.

    thanks,
    adrian

    cudetoate, Jan 4, 2007
  6. cudetoate

    Paul Guest

    Does Dell have an SLI driver on their site ? They say some nasty things
    about a Dell card here. You'd think Dell would stick with the standard
    BIOS for the card. Maybe you need to do more checking around, about
    how these Dell cards behave.

    http://www.driverheaven.net/archive/index.php/t-74353.html

    Paul

    Paul, Jan 4, 2007