    LG DVD burner 16x Dual Layer
    LG DVD drive

    Thanx for any help.

    DarkElldar, Feb 23, 2005

  2. DarkElldar

    Sw Guest

    I turned off Q-Fan in the Bios menu. It is not needed with a decent CPU
    cooler such as the Thermaltake Artic Cooler for the Athlon 64. I use only
    the AMD Cool N' Quiet XP driver that came with the ASUS-SLI mobo CD-ROM. I
    removed the crappy and noisy ASUS chipset fan, replacing it with a silent
    Zalman Northbridge copper heatsink: http://www.pccasegear.com/prod262.htm.

    The result: a cool, quiet, fast Athlon 64 system (3500+) that works
    perfectly.

    Regards,
    -Alan

    Sw, Feb 26, 2005

  3. DarkElldar

    pc Guest

    My board is about 3 weeks old and the chipset fan went teats up.

    What a cheesball fan. I removed it from the MOBO, cut the label away
    on the backside, removed the shaft keeper, and inspected the parts. I
    don't know what kind of lubrication they put on this very simple
    journal bearing, but it was black.

    I cleaned it up and was going to reinstall it, but found another in my
    box of tricks that's modestly bigger, that ran the first time for over
    two years before it needed attention.

    I just can't believe I'd have a failure like this after only a few
    weeks.

    Looks like the fellow recommending the Zalman ZM-NB47J has the right
    idea.

    pc, Mar 16, 2005