    Is the mobo faulty or is there another possibility that's not obvious
    to me? Could a faulty BIOS chip do this?

    Ron

    Ron Miller, Mar 25, 2006

  2. Ron Miller

    fede Guest

    I've the same problem. With this configuration:
    NVIDIA SATA 1 = Western Digital RAPTOR (74gb)
    NVIDIA SATA 3 = Western Digital 2000JD (200gb)

    After some freezes i've lost mi fireware port.

    fede, Mar 28, 2006

  3. Ron Miller

    Joe Allison Guest

    You might want to try a better power supply.

    Joe Allison, Mar 29, 2006
  4. Ron Miller

    milleron Guest

    Really? I have an Antec TPII 500W. It suppose that it's possible
    that it's faulty, but it's plenty powerful enough for this rig, and
    its voltages are always spot on for all rails, well within it's design
    tolerance, on all the monitors I have.

    Ron

    milleron, Apr 1, 2006