A8N-SLI Premium wont boot from hardrive

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Saber358, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Saber358

Saber358

I just built a new system and for some reason the motherboard detects everything properly exept it wont boot from the hard drive. I noticed the problem when trying to install the OS. The system booted from the OS CD, and formatted the hard drive and prepared the install files. It then restarted to continue the install, all pretty standard. When it booted everything in the BIOS loaded fine and all the devices where detected, but it didn't boot from the harddrive, it just stopped after the second BIOS screen. I tested the harddrive in another system and it works fine. I did same with the memory and the procesor, all checked out. The only odd thing I noticed is that while running the memory test the machine kept counting up memory and didn't stop until I hit ESC to cancel the test. I don't know if the board is defective or if I have possibly overlooked something simple. Any thoughts?

Saber358, Nov 14, 2006
Ask a Question