A8N-VM CSM - TV out, Zoom/letterbox aspect ratio problems.

Discussion in 'Asus' started by biohazard, Apr 16, 2006.

  1. biohazard

    biohazard Guest

    I've recently discovered the joys of my A8N-VM CSM as a home theatre
    creature, by connecting the left 2 pins of the "TV out" motherboard
    connector to my analog TV.

    When the Full Screen Video is set to "Secondary display", all hardware
    accelerated video appears on the TV, scaled to fit. What could be
    simpler, you ask?

    There are two problems with this

    (1) You lose the mouse and Windows XP interface, and any control over
    the video - except via keyboard.

    (2) when viewing a broad letterbox aspect ratio video, there is
    absolutely no way to zoom it up and clip the sides off the letterbox,
    so as to fill the screen better. I have yet to find a player which lets
    me clip the sides of a video.

    The driver zoom controls merely zoom within the letterbox, which is no
    help at all.

    biohazard, Apr 16, 2006