    the trouble of switching mb's and having to re-install os etc. or
    should I just build another system? Thanx.

    sc

    Slim Case, Jan 1, 2008

  2. Slim Case

    Bob Knowlden Guest

    The main thing the A8N32 offers is full X16 bandwidth to both PCIE slots, if
    you want to run dual graphics cards in nVidia's SLI.

    http://www.slizone.com/page/slizone_faq.html#g1

    SLI is mainly of interest to gamers, particularly gamers with a fair amount
    of cash available for the hobby.

    In short, I believe that you'll get no significant gain in switching from an
    nForce4 system to an nForce 4 SLI X16 system. There are some deluxe features
    on the A8N32 that may not be present on the A8N5X, but you'd have to decide
    whether it would be worth the trouble.

    On the other hand, I wonder just how much trouble the swap would be. I've
    never upgrade from an nForce4 to an nForce4 SLI X16, but I'd hope that a
    repair install would be sufficient (if you are using Windows XP). Some of
    the drivers are different, but it's not as if you were going from a Via
    chipset to an nVidia one.

    Return address scrambled. Replace nkbob with bobkn.

    Bob Knowlden, Jan 1, 2008

  3. Slim Case

    Venom Guest

    Build yourself another system and buy yourself a KVM switch.

    Venom, Jan 1, 2008
  4. Slim Case

    Slim Case Guest

    "Build yourself another system and buy yourself a KVM switch."

    Now why didn't I think of that!!!!

    Slim Case, Jan 2, 2008