A8N32-SLI Deluxe, problem installing RAID 0

Discussion in 'Asus' started by gamehardware, Jul 14, 2006.

  1. gamehardware

    gamehardware

    Hi,

    I just bought this board but I am having problems getting the SATA RAID to work.

    I have already flashed the BIOS to 1205.

    The hard disks are 2 x 74Gb Raptors
    I put them in SATA1 and SATA2 sockets on the motherboard,
    Enabled SATA, RAID and RAID on channel 1 and 2 in the BIOS

    go into the RAID setup screen (F10) and create a Striping array, of 64k and add the 2 disks.
    When I finish [F7], it says Clear disk data, i press Yes. Now back in the main page of the raid setup.
    " Set Boot" and "[N] New Array" are disabled and displayed is the following:

    N/A 2 Healthy NVIDIA STRIPE 138.49G

    what im concerned about is that I cant set it to Bootable, it just says N/A and " Set Boot" is disabled.

    when I install windows, im pressing F6 and installing the 2 NVidia RAID drivers from floppy, windows copies the files over, when it reboots and tried to boot from C:\ it says "missing NTLDR", if I check c:\ there is a Windows folder looking complete, but there are no other files in the root of C:\

    Can anyone suggest anything ?

    thanks

    gamehardware, Jul 14, 2006