    the one tha i want is a maxtor 16mb Native Command Queuing 200gig
    7200rpm Sata-2

    Tank you

    DDC, Mar 27, 2006

  2. DDC

    DDC Guest

    Thank i just bought a seagate 250gig sata-2 ncq drive and i'm pretty
    happy with it. Yep i had some trouble to get it to work with my ide
    drive from maxtor to get all my important stuff.

    Now i only need to reformat the 80gig drive to get windows to see it.
    I guess windows cant detect my old drive because i've format with a
    methode that put zeros on the disk. i hope it will work ok after.

    And btw i didn't set the jumper on the seagate drive. i will maybe do
    so just to fix my second drive and remove it if it mess up my boot
    set-up.

    I get with hd tach 58.8 mb/s and with windows it was giving me 65ms/s
    but that was before i've formated the drive vs 48.8 with my maxtor 80g
    8 mb.

    ;-) bye bye maxtor with it 1 year warranty and welcome seagate drive
    for your 5 year garantie.

    Thanks for the hint with the 4 pins...

    DDC, Mar 28, 2006

  3. DDC

    Paul Guest

    On Page 11 here, there is a "Force 150" jumper, so the drive
    can be operated at the lower cable speed if you are having
    problems.

    http://www.maxtor.com/_files/maxtor...uides/dm_11_sata300_installation_guide_en.pdf

    Paul

    Paul, Mar 28, 2006
  4. DDC

    DDC Guest

    Hi i was wabdering if a 23 gig lost on a 250gig hard drive is normal?

    What should i do to get all the available espace on my hard drive and
    is there a formating program that permit that or i should leave it
    like that?

    DDC, Mar 29, 2006