A8N5X

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Thomas Wendell, Sep 29, 2005.

  1. Anybody seen/heard any reviews/comments/etc.. on this board?
    If/when building new machine, might this be something for it, at 89eur?

    Rest would be:
    AMD Athlon64 3000 (Venice) box 152eur
    TwinMOS 2*512MB dual kit DDR3200 109eur
    Asustek 6200GE 90eyr
    LG GSA-4167RB 55eur
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 250GB SATA 124eur

    Total 530eur

    and of course (maybe use existing) stuff like keyboard, mouse, casing and OS
    for about 200eur...

    --
    Tumppi
    Reply to group

    Thomas Wendell, Sep 29, 2005

  2. Thomas Wendell

    Paul Guest

    According to Asusworld magazine, it is similar to A8N-E. It
    uses "Nforce4" chipset, instead of "Nforce4 Ultra" on A8N-E.

    Nforce4 on A8N5X:
    http://www.nvidia.com/page/pg_20041014863476.html

    Nforce4 Ultra on A8N-E:
    http://www.nvidia.com/page/pg_20041015990644.html

    It means your A8N5X would have 1.5Gb/sec SATA interfaces
    and would be missing "NVIDIA ActiveArmor" dedicated
    hardware engine (if that ever worked properly anyway).
    The A8N-E can operate at 3.0Gb/sec on SATA.

    Paul

    Paul, Sep 29, 2005

  3. With a 4eur price difference, I'll take A8N-E , then.....
    (even though I don't think I need the 3GiB SATAII and ActiveArmor (I'm using
    KerioPF behind NAT/NAPT box)

    Thomas Wendell, Sep 30, 2005