    Opteron chip or no cpu? Did I make a terrible error? Is the 0221 bios
    stable?

    Thanks, Bob Graham

    rvgrahamsevatenein, May 8, 2006

  2. rvgrahamsevatenein

    Paul Guest

    The 0221 BIOS for "A8V" was released Jan.10/2006, according to
    the Asus download page. There is a good chance you'll get that
    version of BIOS, if you bought the motherboard from a volume
    retailer. If the board was bought from a mom n' pop store, and
    they don't sell a lot of boards, you might get old stock.

    Otherwise, ask the question again, if it doesn't work.
    Many purchasers end up with the jitters, because of this,
    and I wouldn't worry too much about it. It might cost you
    a few days to straighten out, but if you already have a
    working system, that is only a slight delay.

    Badflash.com is always available, if you are in a bind, and
    are in a hurry. In some areas of the world, Asus offers a
    flashing service of their own, but the response might be a
    bit slower.

    Paul

    Paul, May 8, 2006

  3. Thanks for the reply Paul. After a bit more research, I just bit the
    bullet and got an A8N instead, and a Pci express vid card.

    Bob

    rvgrahamsevatenein, May 8, 2006