A8V Deluxe - CPU-Z gives DDR Frequency 157.3 MHz!

Discussion in 'AMD Overclocking' started by Richard Lewis, Aug 17, 2005.

  1. The board is an Asus A8V Deluxe with an A64 3500+ Winchester.

    Any ideas why CPU-Z is reporting 157.3 MHz?

    Memory

    DRAM Type DDR-SDRAM

    DRAM Size 2048 MBytes

    DRAM Frequency 157.3 MHz

    FSB:DRAM CPU/14

    CAS# Latency 2.5 clocks

    RAS# to CAS# 3 clocks

    RAS# Precharge 3 clocks

    Cycle Time (TRAS) 6 clocks

    Bank Cycle Time (TRC) 11 clocks

    DRAM Idle Timer 16 clocks

    # of memory modules 4

    Module 0 GEIL DDR-SDRAM PC3200 - 512 MBytes

    Module 1 GEIL DDR-SDRAM PC3200 - 512 MBytes

    Module 2 GEIL DDR-SDRAM PC3200 - 512 MBytes

    Module 3 GEIL DDR-SDRAM PC3200 - 512 MBytes

    Richard Lewis, Aug 17, 2005

  2. Richard Lewis

    dawg Guest

    Looks like your FSB is set to 160. It could be because your mobo doesn't
    support 200 FSB with 4 sticks of ram.
    Either try setting FSB to 200 manually or try it with 2 sticks of ram and
    see if it starts up at 200.

    dawg, Aug 18, 2005

  3. Richard Lewis

    El_Guapo Guest

    I have the same motherboard and 4 sticks of ram. Mine set to 166.7 (333mhz)
    Just set the ram frequency manually in the bios and you are good to go.

    El_Guapo, Aug 30, 2005