  1. Intermitten problem although it seems to occur more lately.

    Any ideas?

    TC

    The Frozen Canuck, May 19, 2006

  2. The Frozen Canuck

    Bill Guest

    Replace the battery anyway; they're cheap. Next check for good
    connections/solder joints on the battery holder. Next, if it's a pluggable
    bios, make sure it's seated all the way in it's socket. They can creep out
    over time. Next would be swap out the motherboard.

    Bill

    Bill, May 19, 2006

  3. The Frozen Canuck

    Helpseeker Guest

    ========

    Likely (?) you tested the battery OUT of the mobo!!?

    Lithium cells can ONLY be accurately tested IN CIRCUIT...this applies
    to all applications, not just motherboards...

    Helpseeker, May 19, 2006
  4. Yes, I have a battery tester and tested it out of the mobo. Will buy a
    battery tomorrow and try it.

    The Frozen Canuck, May 21, 2006
  5. The Frozen Canuck

    Natéag Guest

    I would bet you have emptied the CMOS by removing the battery
    and moving the jumper to 2-3, you then booted the computer.

    Whether you have returned the jumper to 1-2 afterwards,
    the motherboard is damaged.

    I know. It happened to me.

    Natéag, May 21, 2006
  6. The Frozen Canuck

    Bill Smith Guest

    Is the cmos jumper set correctly ? Check the manual...

    Bill Smith, May 21, 2006