    motherboard BIOS to version 1011.007 (the latest one) to see if that would fix it but still no go.

    Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I feel it is a driver issue rather than a hardware fault.

    Thanks.

    Old Bugger, May 3, 2005

  2. Old Bugger

    Paul Guest

    There is a RAID driver for the device and an "ATA" driver.
    Perhaps if you uninstall one of them and install the other,
    your luck will change ?

    Paul

    Paul, May 3, 2005

  3. Old Bugger

    Old Bugger Guest

    That helped, thanks.

    I wish the manual had stated that one should select SATA or IDE before installing an operating system.

    Old Bugger, May 4, 2005