    Ben Pope Guest

    It's probably a variation of W32.Kwbot, there are several.

    Ben

    Ben Pope, Mar 13, 2005

  2. Donald Gray

    Donald Gray Guest

    Hello Ben

    I have spent a few hours trawling the AV, anti spy, Google, Yahoo et
    all trying to track down what dropped the files there , especially the
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Krypton\ entries in registry...

    I have check the entries against all the various viruses, Trojans,
    worms and spyware. None of the other fragments or files are present.

    I am going to do a clean install of XPsp2 and check registry at each
    stage thereafter and see if & when run.exe re-appears!
    --
    Donald Gray
    www.odcombe.demon.co.uk

    Donald Gray, Mar 13, 2005

  3. Donald Gray

    Donald Gray Guest

    Yup - It was XP Firewall that blocked it.

    After doing three clean installs of XPsp2, I had the XP Security alert
    that my Broadband client was trying to access Internet. It was the
    same alert that I had with run.exe.

    For general information - GoBack 3.2 nor 4.0 does not appear to be
    compatible with sata. Not sure if it is sata in general or Via sata on
    the A8V - (That is why I had to do three installs...)

    Does anyone know if Ghost is OK on sata?

    --
    Donald Gray
    www.odcombe.demon.co.uk

    Donald Gray, Mar 14, 2005