A8V No boot video or beeps. Help

Discussion in 'Asus' started by jjerickson, Aug 21, 2007.

  1. jjerickson

    jjerickson

    Location:
    Minnesota
    Ok I will try my best to make this short but..... Well there is much to say.

    Specs-A8V Deluxe
    Amd atholon 64 3200
    ATI Radeon 9700 Agp
    2 gid ddr 400 Started out with 3.75 gig

    Ok so heres what happened: found comp with power light on but not really on no screen no usb no nothing it would not reset with reset button or shut off with the power button so I shut off the power supply, Comp wouldn't turn on no fans lights or anything so I grabbed an old power supply nothing grabbed another nothing (ok garbage can full now) grabbed one more nothing (Jacob can you take the trash out lol) (what are the chances all of my extra power supplies are dead) one more and I had it... Yay

    Plugged her in pushed power button got LED on board and fanns running Here I am celebrating but then realize that thats as far as it wanted to go:( Pull out ram modem (yes I am a dial-upper) everything and put it in one at a time I found some ram at this point that is dead andthe socket may be dead to but not gonna try putting in a gig of ram to test that.

    Finally comp does a full boot so me thinking I fixed it Yippy (not totally computer savy here I know enough to put it together but the whole trouble shooting thing yeah right) I pick comp up off of floor place on desk put in modem put covers back on plug it in push button on back and button on front. Hear fans go but nothing else. :( take covers off pull out modem plug her back in and fans whirring LED taunting me and nothing else. I deside ok maybe iys an elevation thing place case on floor (ok being goofy here I know 3 feet has nothing to do with it) I try again and it didn't work started over with testing out parts one at a time and nothing.

    Right now this is how it sits: On floor covers off motherboard, prosessor, Hard drive and no ram (just took it out cuz I was tired of not hearing beeps) I get no beeps no nothin just a fan and that darn LED light telling me things should be fine when they are not. So here it is I am pretty sure the board is shot but...
    Why did it boot up all happy and then not happy at all?
    Is there something I did not do to help fix it?

    Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance

    jjerickson, Aug 21, 2007