    Anyone know if there is an online parts list/repair manual for the A920
    all-in-one printer/scanner please.

    Cheers!

    Steve, Dec 29, 2003

  2. Steve

    Tom Swift Guest

    Umm...have you tried the Dell web site?

    Tom Swift

    Tom Swift, Dec 29, 2003

  3. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Tom,

    Great idea, I hadn't thought of that. Doh!! Can you give me Dell's web
    address please.

    But seriously, yes I have tried. I can find user manuals ok but not
    technical parts lists or manuals.

    Steve

    Steve, Dec 29, 2003
  4. unfortunately there is no technical service manual. there isn't even one on
    the lexmark site for the comparable x1150. probably 95% of all problems are
    cartridge related, and more severe problems are typically more economically
    solved by purchasing a replacement machine than pay for labour to have it
    repaired. still, it would be nice to have a diagram for diy types to try to
    repair a faulty machine.

    Christopher Muto, Dec 29, 2003
  5. ps, you can buy a new a920 for $76 (free shipping, no tax collected) with
    coupon code 3ba36cf882a8 from dell home sales.

    Christopher Muto, Dec 29, 2003
  6. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Christopher,

    Belated thanks for your advice. Pity there's no service manual as I am sure
    that it is a very easy job to replace the cover on the black ink cartridge
    which is the bit that is broken.

    The price is interesting. As is often the case, the UK price is £76. With an
    exchange rate of £1=$1.78, go figure who's being ripped off!!

    Regards,
    Steve

    Steve, Jan 5, 2004